Kurt Rutkowski and Sheila Kelly in Glasair II RG. 1,000 hrs on DUAL E-MAGs.
The 114 series is our platform for four cylinder Continental and Lycoming engines.
Series 114 Refinements:
- New sensor magnet mount – New design and manufacturing process for position sensor magnet mount.
- Firmware – The routine for setting, storing, and loading timing information has been completely rewritten to assist recovery functions following gray power and system reset events. [This feature was first introduced in firmware version 27 for installation in series 113 ignitions.]
- Sensor Alignment (self-monitoring) – If the processor detects a position sensor misalignment at power-up, it will block further operation until proper alignment is restored. The block also activates an LED alert signal.
- Internal Power Transition – P models will transition to internal power as soon as engine speed permits, at which point the internal alternator becomes the “primary” power sources and the aircraft buss becomes the “back-up”. Typically,800 rpm is needed to self-support. By 1400 rpm the ignition is fully transitioned off the aircraft bus.
- Finned Nose – Fins have been added to the nose section that (in conjunction with blast tubes) further improve cooling, and permits sealing of the electronics case.
- Spark Plug Alerts – Circuit board hardware is added to report (via EICAD v4 to be released soon) the ignition coil discharge rate.
- A rapid discharge rate indicates a spark plug or plug lead is fouled (shorted).
- A slow discharge rate indicates a spark plug or plug lead is open (broken).
Ready to try the 114 Series?