|The 114 series is the underlying
platform for both our Continental and Lycoming (and like) ignitions
serving in the Experimental category.
Series 114 Refinements:
- New sensor magnet mount - New design and manufacturing
process for position sensor magnet mount.
- Firmware - The routine for setting, storing, and loading
timing information has been completely rewritten to assist recovery functions
following gray power and system reset events. [This feature was first introduced in firmware
version 27 for installation in series 113 ignitions.]
- Sensor Alignment Alert - If the processor detects a position sensor
misalignment (typically an installation anomaly), it will block
further operation until proper alignment is restored. The block
also activates an LED alert signal.
- Internal Power Transition - P models will transition to internal power as soon as engine speed permits
(typically around 1500 rpm), at which point the internal alternator
becomes the "primary" power sources and the
aircraft buss becomes the "back-up".
- Finned Nose - Fins have been added to the nose section
that (in conjunction with blast tubes) further improve cooling, and
permits sealing of
the electronics case.
- Spark Plug Alerts - Circuit board hardware is added to report
(via EICAD v4 to be
released soon) the
ignition coil discharge rate.
- A rapid discharge rate indicates a spark plug or plug lead is fouled (shorted).
- A slow discharge rate indicates a spark plug or plug lead is